Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays...

It rained again today, for the second day in row. Mostly showers, sometimes torrential downpours, but almost always a steady stream of rain.

Agriculturally speaking, I know it was a very good thing, and a much needed relief against the brushfires that had been threatening all of our local communities. But still.... the dark, the damp, the chilly wind...it was a bad mix for my soul.

It takes all I can to get up and get moving on days like today. I get into this hideaway, tuck under the covers, hibernation mode that doesn't bode well for a busy mom of three. I felt like a sloth for two days, bounding slooooollllyyyyy through each day, as if I had 30 pound weights strapped to my ankles.

So, then... the flowers are saturated, the grass is watered, the brushfires are at bay. Time for me to rub some sun on my face, once again.

No comments: