I promised Miss Susy I'd do her "Things You Love" tag, but I really need to think about some (no.... not all!) of those before I write out that one.
So, as a warm-up of sorts, I'll do the 20 Years Tag:
20 YEARS AGO:
1) I was almost 25 years old.
2) Unbeknownst to me, it was the last year of my first marriage. It was also the last year of my father's life.
3) I had been at the College where I used to work for three years and four months.
10 YEARS AGO:
1) I was almost 35 years old.
2) I was a little over four months pregnant with our second child.
3) I had been at the College where I used to work for for thirteen years and four months.
FIVE YEARS AGO:
1) I was just about to celebrate my 40th birthday... a major milestone that, for some strange reason, was freaking me out a lot more than my 30th birthday did!
2) After working my way up the ranks to obtain the Executive Assistant position for the President of the College, I felt morally obligated to leave, after a little over 18 years of working there. It was a difficult decision, but one I felt absolutely right in my heart about doing.
3) I'd found a rekindled spirit awakening, as I was FINALLY able to be the stay-at-home mom I'd wanted to be for years.
THREE YEARS AGO:
1) We'd just gotten past the celebration of our third child's first birthday.
2) Our oldest daughter was "officially" diagnosed with ADHD, and started taking her "listening medicine" as she called it, to help her focus more at school.
3) My husband accepted a new position as a washer and dryer repairman for a major department store.
ONE YEAR AGO:
1) I was getting a bit antsy, and feeling the need to find a way for me to do my part to earn some extra income.
2) Our son was working part-time at our local Boys and Girls Club.
3) Our oldest daughter was thriving in school, getting the extra help she needed for her phonics and spelling, and doing well on her medication.
SO FAR THIS YEAR:
1) After doing some praying and soul-searching, I asked for, and received, an excellent job prospect that I'm hoping will pan out for the best!
2) I watched my "baby" boy graduate from middle school.
3) Life as a stay-at-home mom has had some challenges (especially since our youngest has found her independence in some pretty vocal ways!), but I still firmly believe that my children are so much happier than they once were.
1) Worked really hard to get all of the remaining housework done, so we could all relax and take it easy today.
2) Found ways to entertain my two girls, who are getting a bit "house happy" because of all of the rain we've been having.
3) Made an appointment for my husband, our son, and I to attend a scholarship assistance conference in July, in preparation for his college career (YIKES!).
1) Ran to our local meat market to buy meats to use for our dinners for the next few weeks.
2) Also went to the grocery store, to pick up the few remaining ingredients I needed to make the lasagna I promised my little one I'd make for her today.
3) Relaxed for the better part of the day, and enjoyed time with my family.
TOMORROW, I WILL:
1) Piddle around on the computer a bit.
2) Possibly take the kids to see "Kung Fu Panda", once I find out what my son's volunteer schedule at the Boys and Girls' Club is like for this coming week.
3) Do the usual "mom" tasks: straighten up the house, and maybe do some laundry, if needed.
IN THE NEXT YEAR, I WILL:
1) Start my new position as a counselor for kids at a local after-school program, IF all the negotiations work in my favor (please pray for me that they do! :)
2) Watch my son enter into his first year of high school (again... how in the WORLD did that happen????)
3) Probably stress over my oldest daughter entering into fourth grade, which is a HUGE MCAS year for her this year.
I now tag my three blogger friends:
Let's see if you guys really DO read my blog! :)