Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Ten Books To Read Before You Die (according to AOL)

How many have you read?


       
http://shopping.aol.com/pages/10-Books-To-Read-Before-You-Die/1000091?ncid=AOLCOMMshopDYNLsec0001&icid=100214839x1207143689x1200398426

1) I never had any interest in "Gone With The Wind"... so I'll pass on that one (I haven't seen the movie, either)

2) We do have the entire Lord of the Rings series, and I do want to read them at some point (especially now that I've seen the movies, and can understand the "language" better). Maybe someday I'll "borrow" them from N. (who has read them all) and get through them.

3) I think I read the first two books of the "Harry Potter" series. I was into reading the third one, and it just got, well... too boring for me. So I stopped. We have all of the books in that series, too. Maybe someday I'll get to the rest of those, as well.

4) I read "The Stand" a LOOONGGG time ago, and frankly... it freaked me out. The possibility of that happening for real is just a bit too close for comfort for me.

5) I read "The Da Vinci Code", too. Again, a little too realistic for comfort.

6) I've never read "To Kill A Mockingbird". It's another one we have around here, somewhere. I guess I'll have to add it to my list! :)

7) I've never even heard of this book. Maybe I'll look it up.

8) I made an attempt to read "Atlas Shrugged" a long time ago. I think I may have even gotten through it... I can't remember now. That's how excited I was about it, I guess! :)

9) I read, and re-read "The Catcher in the Rye" when I was in high school. It's a phenomenal book. So is its sequel, "Frankie and Zooey".

10) There have been many, MANY times when I've picked up the Bible, to try and read it. The language is just a bit too hard for me to get through.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I couldn't get past the first paragraph in Catcher in the Rye.


I'll have to look at the list and then make my own recommendations.