Monday, August 11, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes!

Today was R's first day of summer camp. She's going all week, from 9:00 in the morning, until 4:00 in the afternoon, at our local Boys and Girls Club. I told her she could go upstairs to the drop-off until 5:00, too. So...she should be GOOD and tired by the end of the day!

And, because R. isn't here, Miss S. has been as quiet as a mouse. She's finished her Cheerios, had her fill of juice, and is now lounging on the chair in my living room, watching Princess Dora. The only noise coming from her is an occasional response, when Dora asks the viewers to help her by repeating something, either in English or in Spanish. S. keeps mumbling her responses through her beloved pacifier.

I have the feeling that it's going to be a VERY quiet week around here! :) And, R. was very excited about getting "her turn" to participate in camp. She just loves it, and it's so good for her, too.

I was planning on taking S. to the park today, but AGAIN, it's dark, cloudy, gloomy, and cool. I have no idea what's prompting all of this funky weather, but someone needs to inform Mother Nature that it's August, for Pete's sake! Not that I'm complaining, really.... I'm not a big fan of the heat, so this weather's fine for me. It's not so good for little ones, though, who want to go outside and run and play, and can't understand why it's not allowed. It also makes me want to go crawl underneath the covers and go back to sleep. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, S. will take a nap, which would mean I could, too. If I wanted to.

But.... with the burgeoning hamper in our bathroom, I'll probably be a good little doobie and wash a load of clothes, instead. I'll just have to wait and see how loud that bed gets when it calls to me! :)

Oh... and BTW.... my engine light is still on. Sigh.

3 comments:

Susy said...

I vote, the bed wins....
Sus.

Susy said...

Oh by the way where is Don? Miss his blog!

Mama C. said...

Well, the bed did win... sort of. Miss S. did take a nap earlier this afternoon, so I went into my bed to watch TV and lounge with my big ole' cat, Bear. It was actually pretty nice! :)

She's been a real doll today.... and now she's hanging all over her Sissy, pleased as punch that she's finally home after a LONG day apart.

I'm not sure where Don is. It's funny you should mention him, 'cause I was talking about him to my husband the other night. I said with the Olympics so much a part of his life, and his training, it wouldn't surprise me if he took off to China! :)