Friday, July 18, 2008

Like Dorothy Said, "People Come And Go So Quickly Here!"

I want to share some blogs I've posted on my MySpace account in the past. This is the first of a few.



I've recently made an incredible discovery. I think I now understand why most guys are into boobs. Why, you ask? 'Cause there are so many of them that act like one!

Let me offer a case in point...

A few months ago, I was on this thing, searching for people from my past (I've found quite a few, and isn't that part of what MySpace is all about? :). This certain person's name clicked into my head, and I thought, "What the heck?"... so I went searching for him. Lo and behold, he had an account on here!

I e-mailed him a few times, trying to get him to figure out who I was (it had been about 17 years since I'd last seen him), and after giving him a few, fairly obvious clues, he was able to decipher that the messages were coming from me. He gave me his telephone number, and I called him later that evening. Our phone call lasted until 3:00 in the morning (after 17 years, we had a LOT of catching up to do!).

The next morning, my husband mentioned that this guy might be trolling for me. I refused to believe it... he KNEW I was happily married (I made that point VERY clear), and told my husband that we were just catching up on each other's lives. Hubby held firm, telling me, "No guy talks to a girl until 3:00 in the morning unless he's got ulterior motives." This was one of the few times I'd ever seen my husband jealous, and frankly, it kind of ticked me off. To think.... a grown man, who seemed to understand COMPLETELY that I was a HAPPILY married woman, would still try and make some kind of move on me! Preposterous! I was convinced that he just wanted to be friends and was resentful of the fact that my husband was suggesting anything more!

We continued to chat on the phone for a short while afterwards, and would instant message each other daily. And, then.... it happened. We had a pivotal "conversation" (via IM), where he came clean and expressed his desire for me. Husband was right, and I was terrified! What should I do with this information?? Of course, I was flattered, but I knew that NOTHING would, or could, ever come of it.

When I explained that all to him, he said he understood.... and then the conversations just DROPPED like a hot potato. No more instant messaging, no more telephone calls... NOTHING. I was very hurt, and pretty angry when I came to realize that maybe he really did want nothing more than to put another notch in his belt, and all I wanted was his friendship.

What was worse is... he seemingly has "moved on" to pursue a young woman almost HALF his age (which I find shameful). When I called him to the mat on that, of COURSE I got no response from him. I then sent him a few "funny" comments (the last one being a bit abrasive, I must admit... .but it was meant as a JOKE), and he went and REMOVED me from his friends list, and has since listed his MySpace page as private!

The moral of this story is.... some men are just immature BOOBS, which is why I'm convinced they like them so much!

Posted on my MySpace blog page on October 26, 2006

No comments: