Saturday, July 26, 2008

We Interrupt This Broadcast... for a Little Vent

Okay.... so I know I've got you guys on pins and needles, and I'm sorry about that. Seems that I contracted the cold and crud my daughters have had all week long, and I feel like sh*t on a stick.

Does that make any difference to my darling daughters this morning? The same daughters that I took care of when they were sick. You're darn tootin' it doesn't. Not one little speck. They're both working really hard to pull out all the stops this morning... fighting with each other, spilling raspberry juice all over the dining room table (and a shirt, which I had to promptly rinse out in the bathroom sink...that stuff stains like nobody's business!), and leaving their trail of mess all over the house. Ugh.

Think anyone will notice if I go back to bed and hide under the covers?

Seriously.

I'm going back to bed in a few.

I promise to continue with my saga really soon. Maybe this afternoon, if I feel better. Or, if I can pawn my daughters off to the highest bidder. Or both.

5 comments:

Erica said...

I hope you feel better soon!

(At least we mom's know that mom's are rarely allowed to really be sick. We just got to suck it up and keep on chugging away. Like the energizier bunny.)

((hugs))

Natalie said...

get better soon...it sucks when we are contantly taking care of everyone else...and we still have to buck up and be the mommies!!! get feeling better..

Tanya said...

HUGS! HOpe you are feeling better as you read this!

Kay said...

Toys R US buys kids. >=D OH wait, that was Kids R Us. Nevermind.

But on a serious note, feel better soon.

Mama C. said...

Thanks, guys! I HATE being sick, not only because I feel like crap, but because I feel like crap and have to take care of this little creatures who depend on me (and frankly, don't give a squat that Mama's now got what they had! :(

Oh, boo-dee-hoo-dee-hoo!

I'll quit complaining now.

Maybe. ;)